Saturday, May 24, 2008

A record of a hectic schedule - Day 1 to 6

Just for fun, I want to make a record of my days of work at present!

Today - first day of the official visit from our collaborators in Thailand - Ministry of Interior, Community Development Departement.

But wait...I have to rewind as this visit sort of began last sunday, when my thai collegue, Mr Nimit arrived to Sweden. His flight was scheduled to arrive 06.50 sunday morning, 18th may. 8 hours later he arrived, exhausted from a seriously delayed flight from Bangkok. Took care of him that evening, accomodated him in a hotel and spent my evening packing and preparing for the comming days.

Mon - wednesday we had a training camp for our project fascilitators, the ones that take care of the groups of youth in the exchange - in the field. Nimit and I were in charge of 6 facilitators, but the training took place for a total of 12 people at the same location. All from Sweden, Costa Rica, India and Thailand. Early morning until late at night we were coaching, mentoring and having various workshops to assist them in their work and in their collaboration. Their work is tough, challenging and time consuming. To say the least, I was exhausted after managing their training.

Then, thursday - friday, followed a conference together with all our collaborating organizations form the above mentioned countries, as well as Cambodia and Zambia. From early morning until late at night we were in an LFA process, working with the goals of the exchange and improving our collaboration. All I can say is...it was a challenge!

Looking at the past 6 nights, i was lucky if I got 5 hours of sleep per night.

Friday night I slept at my home, finally! The following morning the adventure of the official visit REALLY began...and here I end part one of this record!

No comments: