Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 7 - Götene


0600 Wake up, get ready, breakfast, depart house and take subway to centralstation.
0830 Pick up my colleague, Mr Nimit, from Nordic Sea Hotel
0845 Meet up with entire group of 7 visitors from Thai Ministry, they landed 2 hours earlier in Stockholm
0915 Get on a train to Skövde, 2 hour train ride

Making sure everybody is all right, feel welcome, try to be hospitable and accommodating!
Some of the guest are tired from the flight, they sleep on the train and this gives me an opportunity to make a few phonecalls to my friends - who by now think I am dead and gone!

1115 Arrival in Skövde, Martin (my assistant trip arrangor) and I hurry to get two rental minivans to transport all 10 people and their 20+++ pieces of luggage! I am travelling light, camera and one large handbag.

Somehow we find our way out of this small town I have never driven in before and head for Götene municipality, about 1 hour away. It is a beautiful sunshine day, blue sky, green grass and spring blossoms everywhere....I love this part of Sweden!

Arrive at Lundsbrunn, where we will stay for the night. Lovely lunch which culminates in one of the guests from thailand wanting to play golf rather than join the sightseeing arranged. Fine, make everybody happy! Golf it is, while the rest of us get back in a minivan and head for a historic church, stone carvings and a stunning view of the area from a lovely hillpoint! Ice cream is then consumed, happily!

Guests are jetlagged, return to the hotel, only to find that there is no hot water there for them to shower - in addition to that we have been accomodated in a house with only one shower for all 10 to share! Cant stand by any longer, step in and make some moves at the receptionist - whom, with my help, now can see clearly that she has other rooms we can move to, each room having their own shower - and I also help her to see that this will not cost us more due to the small fact that it is not our fault nor responsibility that there is no hot water. She agrees we should have the new, better rooms at the same rate as the initial booking. Now I am happier...but still not satisfied with some food arrangements. Sort this out, food is provided and I make sure all drinks are served, all guests are tended to and the bills paid in an orderly fashion.

Scratch my leg and blood gushes all over my foot - just what I need!

2200 Finally get everybody moved into their new rooms. Withdraw to my own in order to write up some receipts and documents, answer urgent emails in my work inbox. Sms:es and phonecalls incomming until midnight, when I decide to download the days pictures from camera to computer - and realize I want to make a record of this hectic schedule these days to come....

So, welcome and hope you have the guts to join my adventure!

....and if you are wondering - yeah...I am tired...beyond tired....but today I am happy!

No comments: