Thursday, August 03, 2006

My favourite waterhole





Sharps Creek, or Emerald pool, as me and my sister renamed it years ago, is my absolute favourite spot to go here in Oregon when it gets really hot and I need to cool off. A 15 minute drive out of Cottage Grove, into the forest mountainrange, this creek is surrounded by giant trees, crystal clear water, so clear you can see the fish swimming and smooth rocks and stonebottom...years of rocks poring by in the winter has smoothed it out to the extent where I can lay down in the shallow creek and the clear water cascades around me as I enjoy the smooth surface I lie on and the water cooling me off.

I go as often as I can. Wether alone, or like here with Papa, Carmen and her friend Grace!

1 comment:

Leila Gates-Wai said...

HAPPY B-DAY TO YOU!!! We want a speech :) any reflections on this glorious day?

Love Ya!