Tuesday, July 11, 2006

4th of July




So for 5 days I am at my uncles place in Brookings, right.... at the beach, right...and I have packed accordingly - summer, beach, sunshine, right....and the entire time it is gray, overcast and cold! The sunloving beachperson as I am, it is an understatement to say I was disapointed. With a gigantic garagesale to tend to we were busy enough and come 4th of july invited to the best view in town: Brookings old lighthouse, situated right above where the fireworks are set off. Downside....the party consisted of about 50 people with one foot in this world and one in the next world, all above their 80s, halfdeaf and wabbling around....hahahah...hilarious actually as I became everyones target of curiosity, being a foreigner and a young person. Some old geezer was trying to hook me up with his 45 year old son who wasnt even present! Hah!

No comments: